Thursday, November 4, 2010

November Four



 
 Cold weekend ahead, with our first frost tonight or tomorrow night, so I gathered the last of the tomatoes, and picked some flowers.

I found a carpenter bee on the marigold, still stiff and cold with a dewdrop on his wings.

 Alyssum and marigolds are still making a very nice showing, and I'll hate to see them 'bite the dust'. Also my geraniums and begonias. I dug up some of the begonias to take indoors, but just don't have room for any more. :( 

The hollyhock is hanging in there, and I will have more of them next year.

I enhanced a couple of these pictures: the marigold above, and bird feeder, seen from the kitchen window. (watercolor pencil effect). And a cosmos at the top enhanced: 'cartoon'.  All of these were edited with Photoscape.

The Thanksgiving greeting-- that was also taken through the kitchen window, not well focused, so I enhanced it slightly with a 'watercolor effect'.

No comments: