Friday, May 14, 2010

Fine Pix Photos



These were taken with a Fuji FinePix S700 (borrowed from Kathy). At first trial, it seems the quality is about equal to, or maybe slightly better than the Canon sx20. It has less telephoto (but enough) and a few less features than the other one, but easier to navigate, and in many ways I like it better. I'm giving it a try.
The columbine was cropped, and sharpened a bit, and resized. The Peonie was resized and sharpened slightly. Not cropped. The bird is cropped from a full zoom telephoto (10x). It lost a little quality, in slightly resizing it.I had already tweaked it to get the best out of it.
I might as well tell you, I was not happy with the image quality of the Canon sx20, and returned it for a refund. I will try out this one, and rethink the selection. May wind up getting an SLR.


1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Everything you photograph...God created...and you capture it so well.
I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.